Monday 15 July 2013

The BPA issue continues

On rooting around on-line a little more on the BPA issue, I have found an article from the Independent that states even BPA free plastic may not be 100% trust worth as it still contains materials with Estrogenic Activity.. which is where the problems come from.

This article also gives some good ways to avoid the potential threat. The article has a link to the research that is backing up these claims, so I am looking forward to a good read here, although I did notice at the top of the research it seems to only have been researched on animals.  I know there are potential dangers in absolutely everything around us, however, I also know that it is relatively simple to avoid this particular threat, so I am going to try.

One of the biggest inconveniences that Tom and I will face is that we eat loads of tinned beans and the lining of tins contains BPA.  We are going to switch to preparing the dried ones ourselves, I am sure once we get into the habit then this will no longer seem like an inconvenience and even if it does, its far more convenient that the issues it can bring to your life.



No comments:

Post a Comment