Saturday 27 July 2013

So, it appears I needed my sleep!

Tom left me sleeping this morning and I don't think I stirred until I got up at 9.30. 10 hours of beautiful, beautiful sleep!

We spent the day at the horses and then Tom took one step deeper into the dark world of horse ownership.. he bought his first pair of jodhpurs!!! Looks mighty fine in them too I might add, his leg work is really paying dividends! ;-)

I made us a smoothie this morning, but as we had no milk, I used juice instead and it was still super yummy and a few less calories.  I have started putting ginger and cinnamon in all of my smoothies now, I wasn't sure that it would really go with the forest fruit mixes, but it does,  The ginger just gives it a nice zing, rather than a strong taste of ginger.

As we were out and about today, I was stuck when it came to something low in calories and good to have for my lunch.  So, I thought I would try out a slim fast shake.  What I didn't think to do though, which is very unlike me, is read up on exactly what is in them until AFTER I had had it.  It tasted pretty good, malty and quite a pleasant texture, however, sooo full of sugar!! I was amazed tbh and will not be wasting my calories on anything like that again! I cant believe they sell that product as such an amazing way to lose weight when you quite simply should just count your calories and make good healthy food yourself! It does frustrate me that it is so difficult to find good, low calorie food on the go, when crappy food is so readily available at every place you go.

I also had a packet of smoked turkey slices as they were reduced from £4 to 89p and it was insanely yummy! It did bump my calories up of course, but I ate them late and was incredibly full so assumed I could cope without tea.  I needed to nip to the supermarket and get myself a shirt that actually fits me for competing tomorrow (all of mine drown me now I have shrunk somewhat!) Whilst we were there I got a crazy craving for a Yop.. This is undoubtedly full of crap too, but it does say no artificial colours or flavours, so I stop reading at that point! Woman's prerogative and basically hypocrisy at its best!

Unfortunately, this meant that I didn't have very many calories left over by the time I realised I was actually hungry so I rustled us up a tasty little stir fry.


I made it from broccoli, baby sweetcorn, yellow peppers, leeks, chilli, sesame seeds, soy sauce, garlic, ginger a drizzle of honey. It all weighed in at 177 calories! perfect and yummy and I am still just in my calories!

Lots of exciting stuff going on with the wedding plans, we are furiously trying to secure ourselves a yurt that we can actually fit in my parents garden and isn't going to cost us a billion pounds to transport! 



No comments:

Post a Comment