Sunday 28 July 2013

The ongoing drama around eating healthy meals on the go!

Started the day off with the usual banana smoothie, I have found that adding a few frozen strawberries not only gives my blender a massive workout, it also means that I can get away without adding any honey or agave syrup.. which is good.

Totally disorganised about lunch, we stopped on the way to the neddy's to get an alternative to burger van crap that is available at horse shows.  In fact, that isn't true! Tom actually got up before me and went to Tesco! ooops.. he got me some little snack pots, one had crispy bread pieces, feta cheese and tomatoes and the other had crackers, beetroot and cheddar.  I can have bread if it toasted within an inch of its life as it is the doughy texture that ignites my reflux!


They were fairly high in calories but not a rubbish sandwich or million calorie pasta salad that would kill me! So I felt quite good about that.  Unfortunately, I got to the competition and felt STARVING! I was incredibly naughty and had a portion of chips, and not just any chips, cheesy chips! 

Then my class was sooner than expected and it felt like lead! Its a good job she a gentle soul or it would've been returning! 

I am already excited about eating my lunch.  


This consists of olives, tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes (naughty but oh so tasty) mushrooms, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries and yellow pepper.  I will take some egg whites with me and scramble them up too, all of this comes in under 300 calories and will taste amazing!

And my tea tonight


We had Turkey stir-fry with peas, broccoli, mange tout, baby sweetcorn, onion and curly kale.  The only naughtiness was the sweet and sour sauce that was on it, but I didn't have any rice.  422ish calories.. If I hadn't have been a little lightweight, I would've been merrily in my calories!  Oh well, I didn't have anything else bad this weekend and I didn't drink, so that is an improvement!


No comments:

Post a Comment